17-year-old Kerala Boy Dies After Jail Warden Beats Him Up for Teasing a Girl
According to police, Renjith was at home on February 14 when Vineeth, along with four of his relatives, reached there and beat him up.
Image used for representation.
Thiruvananthapuram: A 17-year-old boy was beaten to death by a jail warden in Kerala’s Kollam district for allegedly teasing a girl, the police said on Friday.
According to police, Renjith was at home on February 14 when Vineeth, along with four of his relatives, reached there and beat him up. Renjith fell unconscious and the incident ultimately led to his death about two weeks later.
The accused warden, identified as Vineeth, has been taken into custody. He had attacked Renjith alleging that he was following the girl and disturbing her mental peace.
An officer from Thekkumbhagam police station said the boy was undergoing treatment for a brain-related disorder. He was first rushed to the hospital and then to a medical college and private hospital in Trivandrum where he died on Thursday.
A case under section 302 of IPC has been registered against the accused, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes