18 Cities, 50 Raids and 14 Cases: CBI Launches 'Special Operation' Against Banking Fraud Accused
A total of 14 cases have been registered against the accused including various companies/ firms, their promoters/directors and bank officials.
File photo of CBI headquarters in New Delhi. (PTI)
New Delhi: The CBI on Tuesday launched a special drive in connection with banking scams across the country and registered 14 cases, officials said.
The agency teams swooped down at 50 locations in 18 different cities in a coordinated action against the promoters and directors of the companies made accused in the cases in 12 states across the country, they said.
"In a countrywide action relating to bank fraud scams/cases, CBI is conducting a special drive today and has begun searches at more than 50 places in 18 different cities in around 12 states/union territories," a senior official said.
"A total of 14 cases have been registered against the accused including various companies/ firms, their promoters/directors and bank officials," the official added. The search operation is still on, they said.
Recommended For You
- Actress Shobha, Known for Her Role in Magalu Janaki, Dies In Car Accident
- Meet ‘Khoj,’ the Most Expensive Member of CISF’s Dog Squad for Protecting Delhi Metro
- Dhoni Should be Informed by Selectors About Their Plans: Sehwag
- Amazon Beauty Presents Vanity Diaries | Episode 3- Discover Tamannaah’s Love For Bling And Everything In Between
- Ab de Villiers Marks T20 Blast Debut with Scintillating Knock at Lord’s