18-Year-old Held With Live Bullets at Seelampur Metro Station in New Delhi
There were two live bullets of 8 mm calibre in the teenager's bag.
(Image only for representational purpose)
New Delhi: A young man was apprehended at a metro station here for allegedly carrying two live bullets in his bag, a senior CISF officer said Wednesday.
Shahid Ali (18) of Farukhabad district in Uttar Pradesh was intercepted by the Central Industrial Security Force personnel at Seelampur metro station on Tuesday after the baggage scanner detected the bullets, he said.
There were two live bullets of 8 mm calibre in his bag, the officer said, adding that he was handed over to the local police for further investigation.
Carrying arms and ammunition in Delhi Metro is banned.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Google Pixel 4 isn't Coming to India and Desi Fanboys are Upset With Sundar Pichai
- Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled: Here's All You Need to Know
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India