18-year-old Rape Victim from Fatehpur Succumbs to Burn Injuries at Kanpur Hospital
The rape victim, who had over 90 per cent burns, had been put on ventilator support since Tuesday due to continued multi-organ dysfunction.
Illustration by Mir Suhail.
Kanpur (UP) The 18-year-old woman from Fatehpur who was allegedly raped and set ablaze died on Thursday in a Kanpur hospital after battling for life for almost 120 hours, officials said.
"She had suffered from organ failure including lungs and kidneys following serious injuries and we tried to resuscitate her, but she could not survive and died," Head of the department (surgery) at the hospital, Sanjay Kala said.
The body has been sent to mortuary for autopsy.
The rape victim, who had over 90 per cent burns, had been put on ventilator support since Tuesday due to continued multi-organ dysfunction. She was having problems while breathing too, Kala said.
"She was almost unconscious since Wednesday evening and took her last breath at around 6:30 am, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: Mumbai City FC Become 1st Team to do League Double Over Bengaluru FC
- Hockey India Contributes 25,000 US Dollars for Australian Bushfire Victims
- FASTags Have Actually Increased Waiting Times at Toll Plazas; Be Prepared For Delays
- Apple Acquires Xnor.ai, an Edge-based AI Startup, for $200 Million
- Runners And Fitness Junkies Take Note! The Best Marathon Gear You Must Buy, Right Now