19-year-old Pregnant Woman Dies after Collapsing at Waterfall in Tamil Nadu
She had earlier waited in the queue to reach the falls. It was not known whether she fainted due to exhaustion or she was asphyxiated due to a gush of water, police said.
Image for representation.
Tirunelveli: A 19-year-old pregnant woman died after fainted while taking bath in the famous Coutralam waterfalls in the district Sunday, police said.
Kaleeswari was enjoying the bath along with several other women when she suddenly collapsed.
She was rushed to the government hospital in nearby Tenkasi where she died, police said.
She had earlier waited in the queue to reach the falls. It was not known whether she fainted due to exhaustion or she was asphyxiated due to a gush of water, they said adding only after the post-mortem report the cause of death would be known.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tops World's Richest Actors List, Beats Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Jemimah Rodrigues Impresses Yorkshire Teammates With Impromptu Concert
- Ashes 2019: Did Archer Mimic Smith's Unique Batting Style?