195/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
2 Dead, 12 Taken Ill After Suspected Food Poisoning in Jharkhand
Jethu Oraon (55) and Pancha Oraine died within a few hours after consuming the meat at Makra-Kathartoli village, the police said.
Gumla (Jharkhand): Two persons died and 12 others were taken ill in a suspected case of food poisoning after having goat meat in Gumla district, police said on Thursday.
Jethu Oraon (55) and Pancha Oraine died within a few hours after consuming the meat at Makra-Kathartoli village in Ghagra block of the district on Wednesday, the police said.
Others, who had joined the feast, have been admitted to a hospital and their condition is out of danger, Civil Surgeon Sukhdeo Bhagat said. The goat was found dead in a field where the animal was suspected to have eaten maize, laced with insecticide, Bhagat said.
Jethu Oraon and the others brought home the carcass of the goat, cooked and consumed it, which led to the suspected food poisoning, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami