2 Hizbul Militants Killed as Gunfight Breaks Out with Security Forces in J&K's Kulgam
Security forces started a cordon and search operation in Gopalpora village of Kulgam district after receiving reports about the presence of militants there.
Army personnel take positions during an encounter with the militants in Kashmir (File photo: PTI)
Srinagar: Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants were killed on Wednesday in a gunfight with the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Kulgam district, police said.
"The two slain militants were affiliated with the Hizbul Mujahideen outfit. Their identities are being ascertained," police sources said.
The gunfight took place on Wednesday morning in Gopalpora village after the security forces started a search operation in the area following reports of the presence of militants.
The police sources said that searches were still going on at the site and the security operation in the area has not been called off yet.
As a precautionary measure, authorities have suspended mobile Internet services in Kulgam district.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mouni Roy Shares Romantic Moment with Salman Khan, Dances to Odhni Song
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display