2 Killed, 9 Injured in Factory Explosion in China
The explosion took place on Friday in Anhui Maiqi Chemical Co, Ltd in Bengbu, local officials said.
Representative Image. (Reuters)
Beijing: Two persons were killed and nine others injured in an explosion at a chemical factory in east China's Anhui Province, local officials said on Sunday.
The explosion took place on Friday in Anhui Maiqi Chemical Co, Ltd in Bengbu, they said.
A company worker got trapped while cleaning an under-construction storage tank and fire-fighters were carrying out a rescue operation, they added.
The storage tank exploded during the operation, killing the worker and one fire-fighter on the spot, and injuring nine other first responders, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
All injured have been sent to hospital, it said.
Recommended For You
- Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao Meet in London, She Says ‘Jahan Main Jaati Hu Wahi Chale Aate Ho’
- Hot New Addition: NASA to Grow First Fruit on International Space Station
- He Gives Me So Much Respect, Sometimes I Feel Embarrassed, Says Kareena Kapoor on Diljit Dosanjh
- YouTube Music Now Lets Your Switch Between a Song And Its Music Video With a Single Tap
- MG Hector SUV Bookings Suspended Temporarily, 21000 Cars Booked Till Now