2 More Accused Identified in Case of Alleged Molestation of Students at Gargi College, Say Police
The police on Wednesday arrested 10 people aged between 18 and 25 years. The accused were outside the college when the fest was underway and are students of various colleges in Delhi-NCR.
A file photo shows Delhi Commission For Women chief Swati Maliwal (in a green sweater) address students at Gargi College. (PTI)
New Delhi: The Delhi Police has identified two more accused in connection with the alleged molestation of students during a cultural festival at the all-women Gargi College here last week, officials said on Thursday.
On Wednesday, 10 people aged between 18 and 25 years were arrested. The accused persons were outside the college when the fest was underway and are students of various colleges in Delhi-NCR. They had gathered outside the gate of the college, vandalised a car and then broke in, the police had said.
They jumped over the barricades placed by the college security staff, outnumbered them and then misbehaved with the women students, the officials said.
Police suspected that the two identified persons, who seem to be in the same age group, could also be from colleges in Delhi and NCR areas, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Realme X50 Pro 5G Goes on Sale From Rs 37,999 And is The First 5G Phone in India
- On J Jayalalithaa's Birth Anniversary, Kangana Ranaut's New Thalaivi Still Goes Viral
- Arti Singh Wishes Happy Birthday to Her 'Jigar Ka Tukda' Karan Singh Grover on Instagram
- Poco X2 Will Get The Android 11 Update; You Have Something to Look Forward to
- Want Netflix For Just Rs 5 For a Month? You May Get Lucky Ahead of Disney Plus Launch