2 Policemen Killed, 2 Civilians Injured in Maoist Encounter in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur
Arvind Minj and Sukhu Hapka of the Bijapur district force were killed in the encounter that took place in Tongguda region
Image only for representation.
New Delhi: Two police personnel were killed and two civilians injured in an encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district. Arvind Minj and Sukku Habka of the Bijapur district force were killed in the encounter that took place in Pamed police station, SP Govardhan Thakur confirmed.
The incident took place when the two policemen and the villagers were going to Tippapuram village, under Pamed police station area, on a motorbike.
A 'small action team' (typically comprising four-five rebels) of Naxals opened fire on them, leaving constable Arvind Minj and assistant constable Sukku Habka dead on the spot, PTI quoted Deputy Inspector General (anti-Naxal operations) Sundarraj P as saying.
Locals took the injured villagers to Cherla in neighbouring Telangana for treatment and security forces were rushed to the spot. One of the injured villagers is believed to be in a critical state.
(With PTI inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football