2 Sabarimala Pilgrims Killed on Way to Shrine, 10 Injured After Vehicle Rams Into Boulder in Kerala
The accident occurred when the brake failed and the driver rammed the vehicle against a boulder to stop it and it overturned, they said
Image for representation.
Mundakayam (Kerala): Two Sabarimala pilgrims hailing from Tamil Nadu died and 10 others were injured when their vehicle overturned at Pullupara, bordering Kottayam-Idukki districts on Saturday, the police said.
The pilgrims were from Kancheepuram.
The deceased were identified as Karthikeyan (35) and Babu (31), police said.
The injured have been hospitalised.
Two pilgrims managed to escape without any injuries, police said.
There were 14 people, most of them pilgrims, in the vehicle.
The accident occurred when the brake failed and the driver rammed the vehicle against a boulder to stop it and it overturned, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- BSNL Rs 777 Broadband Plan Gets You 50 Mbps Speed And 500GB Data