Three Soldiers Killed in Multiple Avalanches in Batalik Sector of Kashmir
Two soldiers were killed after multiple avalanches hit Batalik sector of Kashmir on Thursday, an Army official said.
Jammu: Three soldiers were killed after multiple avalanches hit Batalik sector of Kashmir on Thursday, an Army official said.
Five soldiers were trapped at an Army post after multiple avalanches hit Batalik sector in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Unprecedented snowfall triggered multiple avalanches in Batalik Sector in which a post was buried. Five soldiers were trapped under the snow," an army had official said.
The rescue operation was launched and two of them were rescued alive.
"Body of last soldier was retrieved this morning," he said. Two soldiers had succumbed to injuries earlier.
According to MeT department officials, Srinagar received 83.9 mm rain and snowfall since yesterday while Kokernag in south Kashmir received 69.9 mm of rains in that period.
Pahalgam, also in south Kashmir, recorded rainfall of 64.2 mm of rains since Wednesday.
As many as 20 Army personnel including a major and a Junior Commissioned Officer lost their lives in three separate incidents of avalanches in Sonamarg area of Ganderbal, Gurez in Bandipora and Machhil in Kupwara districts in January this year.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- YouTube Denies Cancelling Plan for High-End Dramas, Comedies
- A Burger, French Fries And Some Artificial Intelligence With Your Next McDonald’s Order
- Why Ravichandran Ashwin is Facing Criticism For 'Mankading' Jos Buttler in IPL Match
- Apple Wants to Conquer Gaming With Arcade, And it Already Has a Big Advantage Over Google Stadia
- Poem Penned by Narendra Modi to be Used in Web Series on His Life
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s