2 Kerala Students Arrested for Putting Up ‘Anti-National’ Posters in College Premises
The students, pursuing graduation at the Government College Malappuram, were arrested following the complaint of the principal.
Image for representation only.
Malappuram: Two college students were arrested here on sedition charges for allegedly putting up "anti-national" posters seeking independence for Kashmir and Manipur, police said Friday.
The duo, Mohammed Rinshad, 20, and Mohammed Farris, 18, pursuing graduation at the Government College Malappuram, allegedly put up posters that said, ‘Freedom for Kashmir’ in the college premises. They were arrested following the complaint of the principal, they said.
The complaint was lodged after the students told the principal that they stood by the posters, which could be read as "azadi for Kashmir and Manipur", a police official said.
Both were charged under IPC section 124A (sedition), police said, adding that they were produced before a magistrate and later remanded to police custody for four days.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors