20-year-old Shot Dead by Unidentified Men in Delhi's Jahangirpuri
The police suspect the role of local youths in the incident and have begun questioning accordingly.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A 20-year-old man has been shot dead by unidentified men in northwest Delhi's Jahangirpuri area, police said Friday.
Kailash, the deceased, hailed from Uttar Pradesh and was a resident of Bhalswa here, they added.
"At 10.30 pm on Thursday, unidentified men opened fire at Kailash. He was rushed to Babu Jagjivan Ram Memorial Hospital where he was declared brought dead by the doctors. Kailash had sustained serious head wounds," police said.
A case was registered and the matter is being probed, Deputy Commissioner of Police (northwest) Vijayanta Arya said.
The police suspect the role of local youths in the incident and have begun questioning accordingly, she said.
CCTV footages in the nearby areas are being examined to identify the accused and establish sequence of events, Arya said.
Police are probing all angles including that of personal enmity, however robbery bid has been ruled out, the officer said.
Further investigation is underway and efforts are on to nab the accused, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Meets Pilot Who Built a 6-Seater Aircraft on His Terrace
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When