20-year-old Visually-impaired Woman Raped by Neighbour in Delhi
The incident, whch took place in central Delhi's Deshbandhu Gupta Road area, was reported on May 4.
Representative image. (News18 Creatives)
New Delhi: A 20-year-old visually-impaired woman was allegedly raped by her neighbour in central Delhi's Deshbandhu Gupta Road area, the police said on Sunday.
The incident was reported on May 4.
The woman alleged that when her mother had gone to fetch drinking water, she was standing at the entrance of her shanty, the police said.
She heard voices of some persons who were talking about sexually assaulting her.
While two of them left, the third man came and asked her to accompany her. She refused to go with him but he forcefully took her to an adjacent shanty where he gagged her mouth with cloth when she shouted for help and raped her, the police said.
The woman narrated her ordeal to her mother who informed the police. The 45-year-old accused was later arrested, they added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Not Subscribed to YouTube Premium? No Stress, Because Originals Will Soon be Free
- Couldn't Have Dreamt the Blessings God Showered on Me: Kohli
- Suhana Khan's Brother Aryan Parties with Ananya Panday and Friends, See Pics
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes