200 UP Cops Under Investigation, DGP Says 'Nobody Will Be Spared for Playing With Law'
Twelve Uttar Pradesh police personnel have been dismissed and 200 have been put under investigation for alleged anomalies.
File photo of Uttar Pradesh DGP OP Singh.
Amethi: Uttar Pradesh DGP O P Singh Sunday said 200 police personnel in the state are under investigation for alleged laxity in duty.
He also directed police officials here to hold regular meetings with their subordinates and focus on good policing. "Twelve police personnel have been dismissed and 200 have been put under investigation for alleged anomalies," Singh said.
He also said that "nobody will be spared for playing the law." "Traditional methods adopted by police as earlier should be continued for effective policing," the director general of police said.
He was accompanied by DIG, Faizabad division, Onkar Singh. The DGP asked police officials to use basic and new technologies to control crime.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius