21-year-old Engineering Student Drowns in Odisha River
His friends tried to pull him out but their efforts went in vain. The student's body was fished out by fire service personnel and local divers.
Image for representation only.
Bhubaneswar: An engineering student drowned in the Kuakhai river near here on Sunday afternoon, a fire service official said.
The deceased, identified as M Khatua (21), was a final year student of a private engineering college here.
The incident happened at Bankuala on the outskirts of the state capital when the student, along with his friends, was taking a bath in the river, the fire service official said.
His friends tried to pull him out but their efforts went in vain, he said.
The student's body was fished out by fire service personnel and local divers.
The body was then sent to a hospital. and sent to hospital where doctors declated him dead, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma