21-year-old MBA Student Dies While Practising Ramp Walk in Bengaluru College
The student has been identified as Shalini, a first-year MBA student at a college in Peenya, an industrial area in Bengaluru.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A 21-year-old MBA student died while practising ramp walk for the "freshers' day" at her college in Bengaluru, with the police suspecting a cardiac arrest to be the cause of death.
The student was identified as Shalini, a first-year MBA student at a college in Peenya, an industrial area in the state capital.
"The student died while practising ramp walk for the freshers' day celebration in her college. The cause of death is suspected to be cardiac arrest. She was standing near the stage after her turn when she fell to the ground," Deputy Commissioner of Police Shashi Kumar said on Friday.
The entire incident was captured on CCTV at the premises.
"The other students immediately took her to the nearest hospital, where she was declared brought dead," Kumar added.
A case has been registered at Peenya police station and a probe is underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma Tells Akshay Kumar 'My Good News is Coming Before Yours' in Fun Twitter Exchange
- Cristiano Ronaldo 1st Player to Score 9 Hat-tricks in International Football, Closes in on 100 Goals for Portugal
- Marathi Singer Geeta Mali Dies in Road Accident, Husband Seriously Injured
- Study Concludes Apple Watch Can Detect Heart Rate Irregularities
- Instagram Takes Hide Likes Test Global; Influencers Must be on The Verge of Tears?