21-year-old Punjab Woman Working at Grocery Store Found Dead in Canada
The family said the Canadian police did not say anything else. The family members were shocked to receive the news. Her mother, who had gone to Canada to meet her daughter three months ago, was inconsolable.
Image for representation.
Chandigarh: A 21-year-old woman, hailing from Punjab's Jalandhar district, was allegedly killed in Canada, her family members said on Monday.
Prabhleen Kaur, who was living in Surrey in the UK, had gone to Canada three years ago on a study visa, her family in Jalandhar said.
Kaur's father Gurdial Singh said he received a call from the Canadian police at 6 am on Sunday, informing him about his daughter's death.
He said the Canadian police did not say anything else.
After completing her studies, Kaur was working at a grocery store, the family said.
The family members were shocked to receive the news of Kaur's death. Her mother, who had gone to Canada to meet her daughter three months ago, was inconsolable.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Steve Harvey Goofed up Costume Winner at Miss Universe 2019 and Internet Had a Déjà Vu Moment
- 'Shhhh': Did Kesrick Williams Mimic Kohli's 'Silent Celebration' After Dismissing Him in Second T20I?
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Box Office Day 2: Kartik-Ananya's Film Earns Rs 21.43 Cr
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting