21-year-old Woman Refuses to Fetch Water, Boyfriend Stabs Her to Death in Jharkhand
The woman died on the spot and her roommate suffered serious injuries in the incident at Mahisabeda village under Sonua police station on Saturday, police said.
Image for representation purpose only.
Jamshedpur: A 21-year-old college student was stabbed to death allegedly by a man, stated to be her boyfriend, after she refused to fetch water for him in West Singhbhum district, a police officer said on Sunday.
While the woman died on the spot, her roommate suffered serious injuries in the incident at Mahisabeda village under Sonua police station on Saturday, Superintendent of Police Indrajeet Mahatha said.
The accused used to frequent the rented house of the woman and the two had gone out for shopping on Saturday evening.
After returning, the accused asked her to fetch a bucket of water from a nearby tube well as he wanted to take bath.
When she asked him to get it, an altercation broke out, following which the accused took out a knife, attacked her and her roommate before escaping, the SP said.
The injured roommate (22) was rushed to a hospital in Chakradharpur, around 20 km from Sonua.
The police recovered the woman's body and sent it for post-mortem examination on Sunday morning.
The police questioned the man's father to find out his whereabouts, the SP said.
Recommended For You
- Realme X Launched in India Alongside Realme 3i: Price, Features, and More
- Tom Holland's Spider-Man Far From Home Earns Rs 73.16 Crores in 11 Days
- Katrina Kaif Flaunts Her Svelte Frame as She Stuns in This Colourful Bikini
- 'I Should Be Allowed To Play Any Person': Scarlett Johansson Trolled After Comments on 'Casting'
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: TCL's 2019 Edition of 4K TVs Starting Rs 25,999 With Amazon Alexa Built-in