22-year-old Delhi Student Mowed Down by Speeding DTC Bus
The injured student was taken to AIIMS Trauma Centre where he was declared brought dead. The deceased's father repairs furniture for a living while his younger brother is a student.
New Delhi: A 22-year-old student was crushed to death by a speeding DTC bus while he was crossing the road near Nizamuddin in south Delhi, police said Friday.
Honey Meena, a resident of Madangir, was a student of the Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in Arab Ki Sarai.
The Hazrat Nizamuddin Police Station received information regarding the accident that occurred on Thursday at around noon, Chinmoy Biswal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (southeast), said.
The injured student was taken to AIIMS Trauma Centre where he was declared brought dead, the DCP said.
The bus was being driven rashly at a high speed by Naval Kishore Meena, a resident of Rajasthan, Biswal said, adding that the driver has been arrested.
The deceased's father repairs furniture for a living while his younger brother is a student, police added
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right