22-year-old Woman Killed After Being Pinned Between Two BEST Buses in Mumbai
Amrin Saba Murtija Shaikh was passing between two BEST buses, one of which was stationary. One of the buses, while reversing, pinned her against the stationary one, grievously injuring her in the process.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: A 22-year-old woman was today killed after a BEST bus that was reversing pinned her against a stationary one at Kurla in central Mumbai.
"Amrin Saba Murtija Shaikh was passing between two BEST buses, one of which was stationary. One of the buses, while reversing, pinned her against the stationary one,
grievously injuring her in the process," a police official said.
Shaikh, a bank employee, was rushed to Bhabha hospital nearby but died during treatment, the official added.
The incident happened at around 9:30 am on Friday at a BEST bus depot close to Kurla railway station, the official informed.
A case had been registered and the driver of the bus that was reversing has been detained, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone's Candid Pic with Fan Leads to 'Who is Dressed Better' Question
- Salman Khan Promises Tatkal Ticket to Finale in Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Jio Effect: Airtel May Offer Free Android STB, HD LED TV with Broadband, DTH Plans
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel