23 Shops Fined for Running Business During Bypolls in Lucknow
he District Magistrate had ordered the closure of all shops and commercial establishments on Monday due to polling in the Lucknow Cantt.
Lucknow: As many as 23 shops and commercial enterprises in Lucknow were fined for keeping their business open on the voting day for bypolls in the Lucknow Cantt Assembly seat on Monday.
The District Magistrate had ordered the closure of all shops and commercial establishments on Monday due to polling in the Lucknow Cantt.
The Assistant Commissioner Labour Department, Ravi Srivastava inspected the commercial complexes and shops on Monday in areas that included Aminabad, Kaiserbagh, Alambagh, Telibagh, Indira Nagar, Gomti Nagar, Maha Nagar, Naka Hindola, Chowk and other commercial centres in the city.
"The shops and commercial complexes that were found open were made to shut down and a fine was imposed on them," the statement added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Chrissy Teigen Hyping Up John Legend Being Named 'Sexiest Man Alive' Is Literal Couple Goals
- Happy Anniversary DeepVeer: A Look at Deepika-Ranveer’s Fun-filled Instagram Exchanges Post Wedding
- Ali Fazal's Reply to Fan's Request to Ask Girlfriend Richa Chaddha to Unblock Him Will Leave You in Splits
- Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch Launched With a New Keyboard, Price Starts at Rs 1,99,900
- Bernardo Silva Hit With One-match Ban for Tweet on Benjamin Mendy