23-year-old Man Arrested from Varanasi for Passing Crucial Info to ISI: Official
Rashid Ahmad was picked up on Sunday and a smartphone, which he used to send photographs and video clips of vital Army installations and CRPF camps to the ISI agents across the border, was recovered from him, the official said.
Image for representation.
Lucknow: A 23-year-old man was arrested from Varanasi in a joint operation by the Uttar Pradesh anti-terrorism squad and military intelligence sleuths for allegedly passing on sensitive information to ISI agents in Pakistan, an official said on Monday.
Rashid Ahmad was picked up on Sunday and a smartphone, which he used to send photographs and video clips of vital Army installations and CRPF camps to the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agents across the border, was recovered from him, the official said.
Preliminary investigation revealed that Ahmad had been to Pakistan twice, according to the official.
"The ISI agent used to get money and gifts in lieu of sending photographs and videos. A case has been registered against him," the ATS said in a statement.
The suspect will be interrogated about how many places he has visited and clicked photographs, and how much money/gift he has got.
What are the locations and camps whose photos Ahmad has sent, and how many other people are associated with him will be investigated, it added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Karan Patel Becomes Highest Paid Contestant on Khatron Ke Khiladi 10
- Sara Ali Khan Reacts to Love Aaj Kal Box Opening, Karan Johar Rubbishes Student of The Year 3 Rumours
- PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update to Bring Sight For UZI, DBS Shotgun, Amusement Park and More
- This Company is Making N95 Respirator Mouth Masks with 'Facial Recognition' Technology
- IndiGo Offering Discounted Tickets at Just Rs 3,499 for International Flights