23-year-old Pregnant Woman Gang-raped After Hospital Visit in Gurgaon
The incident occurred on May 21 when the victim, who is six month's pregnant, was going for a routine check-up at a hospital in Manesar with her husband on a bicycle.
Image for representation. (Photo: Reuters)
Gurgaon: A 23-year-old pregnant woman was allegedly raped by an auto driver and his two accomplices in Manesar, police said on Saturday.
The incident occurred on May 21 when the victim, who is six month's pregnant, was going for a routine check-up at a hospital in Manesar with her husband on a bicycle, they said.
While the couple was returning home, the woman complained that she was uncomfortable on the bicycle, a senior police officer.
"The woman's husband told her to take a shared auto to reach home in the nearby village. But she did not return until very late," he said.
The victim and her husband filed a complaint on Friday at the Woman Police Station, four days after the incident, police said.
The woman, in her police complaint, alleged that she boarded an auto and was offered some water by the auto driver, following which she got unconscious and was later raped by three persons, the officer added.
The victim hails from Bihar and stays in Manesar with her husband and her minor son.
"A case of gang rape was registered at the Women Police Station, Manesar, against unknown persons. Doctors, however, said the foetus is stable," the officer added.
Recommended For You
- Arjun Rampal-Gabriella Demetriades Blessed with Baby Boy, Wishes Pour In
- MG Hector SUV Bookings Suspended Temporarily, 21000 Cars Booked Till Now
- Bizarre: 4-Year-Old Australian Boy Claims to be Reincarnation of Princess Diana
- After #SareeTwitter, Indian Men Are 'Growing' the New Trend of #BeardTwitter
- Instagram is Now Hiding Likes on Photos in More Countries; No Point Buying Likes And Views Anymore