23-year-old Raped by Taxi Driver at a Park Near Red Fort
She alleged that he lied to her that the train had been cancelled and offered to drop her till the bus stand so that she could go to Ludhiana.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A 23-year-old woman has alleged that a taxi driver raped her at a park near Red Fort on Wednesday. The driver, Chunnu Kumar has been arrested.
The woman said that she was visiting her brother’s house in Noida and reached New Delhi Railway Station on September 11 night. She bought a ticket to Ludhiana and her train was scheduled to depart around 4:30 am. The police said that she came out of the waiting room around 2 am and Kumar, started a conversation with her.
She said that he lied to her that the train had been cancelled and offered to drop her till the bus stand so that she could go to Ludhiana.
However, Kumar took her to a secluded part of the Golden Jubilee Park near Red Fort and raped her. He dropped her at the Old Delhi Railway Station and fled, police said.
She approached the police and Kumar, a resident of Shastri Park, was arrested.
(With PTI inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC in Guwahati Postponed Due to CAB Protests
- Airtel Users Can Make Voice Calls on Wi-Fi But You Need Airtel Xstream Broadband
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- Love Has 'Nose' Limits: Picture Of Two-Toed Sloths 'Taking It Slow' Goes Viral