23-year-old Set Ablaze by Friend in Ghaziabad After Argument Over Mobile Phone
An argument ensued after Shivam, 23, snatched the mobile phone of his friend Salman and it stopped functioning after that.
Image for representation. (PTI photo)
Ghaziabad: A man was seriously injured after he was allegedly set ablaze by his friend following a dispute over mobile phone, police said.
SP City Shlok Kumar said the incident took place in Gagan Vihar colony of the Sahibabad area.
Shivam, 23, snatched the mobile phone of his friend Salman Friday night and it stopped functioning after that. He assured him that he will get it repaired. But the duo had a heated argument over it, the SP said.
On Saturday morning, Salman, along with two others, called Shivam out from his house. They took petrol from their bike and poured it over Shivam and set him on fire, he said. Shivam was rushed to a hospital in serious condition, police said.
An FIR has been lodged against Rajesh Pandit, Munna and Salman, they said.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 7 Pro is Getting The OxygenOS 9.5.10 Update, And Now we Know Why 9.5.9 Went Missing
- 'The Dish' That Covered the Apollo 11 Moonwalk, is Still Beaming 50 Years Later
- Hrithik Roshan, Anand Kumar Host Special Screening of Super 30 for Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Netflix Hopes a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India is The Winning Ticket
- You Have Just Given FaceApp a Perpetual And Royalty Free License to do What They Want With Your Selfies