24-Year-Old Drunk UP Man Falls to Death from Rooftop on Diwali
Sanjay, a native of Uttar Pradesh's Bahraich district, came to Delhi about 10 months ago and was working as a helper in a restaurant.
New Delhi: A 24-year-old man allegedly drunk on Diwali night died after falling from the rooftop of a building in West Delhi's Tagore Garden Extension, police said on Monday.
Sanjay, a native of Uttar Pradesh's Bahraich district, came to Delhi about 10 months ago and was working as a helper in a restaurant, the police said.
He was celebrating Diwali with his group of friends on the rooftop of the building. They had a few drinks and then all of them went to sleep after dinner, a senior police officer said.
Later in the night, Sanjay woke up and was urinating but a tap, which he was holding for support, broke and he fell from the rooftop, the officer said. The man landed on a cycle rickshaw with his face down, he said.
Sanjay's body was found lying in C-block of Tagore Garden extension this morning, the officer said.
A team of forensic experts visited the spot and suggested it to be a case of accidental fall from height, he said, adding that the exact cause of death will be ascertained after post-mortem.
Inquest proceedings have been initiated and the body will be handed over to Sanjay's family after the post-mortem, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sara Ali Khan's Fitness Regime Shows How She Gets Ready for a Guilt-Free Vacation
- PUBG Mobile Club Open 2019: SouL MortaL Donates Entire Winning Amount to Indian Army
- I am a Method Actor So I Fall in Love with All the Actors, Jokes Sidharth Malhotra
- Amitabh Bachchan Posts His Bed-ridden Photograph, Says Body is Giving a Signal to Slow Down
- Does Lionel Messi Really Have This Popular Comedian’s Face Tattooed on His Back?