0/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
24-year-old Farmer Ends Life over Crop Failure in Maharashtra
One of his relatives said that the farmer owned four acres of agricultural land but his crops were failing every year, because of which he was under stress.
Yavatmal: A 24-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide at a village in Maharashtra's Yavatmal district, police said on Sunday.
A family member claimed that the deceased, Shreejit Vilasrao Hathe, was under stress due to his crop failure.
Hathe allegedly hanged himself to a pole in front of his house at Wadgaon village in Ralegaon tehsil on Saturday, a police official said.
A probe was on to ascertain the reason behind his extreme step, he said.
However, a relative of Hathe said the farmer owned four acres of agricultural land but his crops were failing every year, because of which he was under stress.
Kishore Tiwari, chairman of the Vasantrao Naik Shetkari Swavalamban Mission, a state government agency, said Hathe's father also committed suicide last year by jumping into their farm well.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back