248 Died, 'Shocked' by M Karunanidhi's Death: DMK
DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi died on August 7 in a private hospital in Chennai, after prolonged illness.
Image for representation. (PTI Photo)
Chennai: The DMK on Tuesday said as many as 248 party workers died, 'shocked' by the death of party patriarch M Karunanidhi and announced a solatium of Rs two lakh each to their families.
After knowing about the hospitalisation and failing health of Karunanidhi and later his death, 248 party workers died, a resolution adopted at the party general council meeting said.
Condoling their deaths, DMK said,"this general council resolves to provide a solatium of Rs 2 lakh each totalling Rs 4.96 crore to their families."
DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi died on August 7 here in a private hospital, after prolonged illness.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Erica Fernandes, Parth Samthaan Vacationing in Maldives
- Deepika Padukone's Candid Pic with Fan Leads to 'Who is Dressed Better' Question
- Salman Khan Promises Tatkal Ticket to Finale in Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes List of the Highest-paid Actresses
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce