- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
25 'Kuccha' Houses Gutted in Blaze in Odisha Village, No Casualties Reported
Loss of property is pegged at around Rs 6 lakh in the blaze that was doused by two fire tenders.
Image for representation (Reuters)
Berhampur (Odisha): A fire suspected to have been sparked by a short-circuit gutted 25 'kuccha' houses in a village in Odisha's Ganjam district on Monday, officials said.
No casualty was reported in the incident in Sunathara village, a fire brigade official said. Loss of property is pegged at around Rs 6 lakh in the blaze that was doused by two fire tenders, Purushottampur in-charge fire officer, Deenabandhu Pradhan said.
"People woke up to a roaring sound and rushed out of their homes to find that their houses, that had thatched roofs, were on fire. We had to leave behind all our valuables," Sania Nahak, an affected person said.
The affected families have been shifted to a temporary relief camp and provided with food. The district administration also distributed Rs 5000 in cash to each of the affected families, officials said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Shares Her Chennai Shopping List for Ranveer Singh, Fans Tag Her as #WifeyGoals
- Bigg Boss 13: Who Will Get Evicted from the House This Week? Vote Here
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online
- Anand Mahindra Had the Most Epic Response to Twitter User Who Called Him 'Stupid'
- Pakistan Thump Sloppy Bangladesh for Twenty20 Series Win