25-year-old Andhra Techie Commits Suicide Over 'Dowry Harassment'
P Rupini, hailing from West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh hung herself from the ceiling fan of the bedroom after bolting the door from inside, police said.
Hyderabad: A 25-year-old woman software engineer allegedly committed suicide in her house here on Sunday, allegedly over dowry harassment by her husband and in-laws, police said.
P Rupini, hailing from West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh hung herself from the ceiling fan of the bedroom after bolting the door from inside, they said.
She was shifted to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared her brought dead, they added.
Rupini got married on March 4 this year and the couple shifted to Hyderabad in April. In his complaint, the woman's father alleged that her in-laws started harassing her for dowry since August.
A case was registered under relevant IPC sections and the woman's husband was being questioned, police said.
Recommended For You
- After HDFC Bank Warning to Customers About Fraudsters, AnyDesk Details Security Measures in Place
- After Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner Imitates Naomi Campbell's Vintage Bikini Runway Look
- World Cup Final | Emotions Are Raw But We Signed Up for the Rules: Williamson
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Minimal Discounts on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Unless You Pay With HDFC Cards or Exchange an old Phone
- Deserve a Chance in Indian Team, ‘A’ Series Performance Would Count: Iyer