28-year-old Man Killed in Wild Animal Attack in Pench Buffer Zone in MP
The incident occurred on Tuesday when the victim, Manoj Dhurve, had gone to his farmland, which is located near the buffer zone, according to an official.
Seoni: A 28-year-man from Seoni in Madhya Pradesh has been killed in an attack by a wild animal, suspected to be a tiger, in the Khawasa buffer zone of the Pench Tiger Reserve (PTR), an official said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred on Tuesday when the victim, Manoj Dhurve, had gone to his farmland, which is located near the buffer zone, PTR Deputy Director MB Sirsaiya told PTI.
The deceased was a resident of Mudiyareeth village in the district.
Sirsaiya said villagers and the family members of Dhurve first spotted his slippers in the forest and later his half-eaten body.
The pug marks of a tiger were found at the spot, he said.
Kurai police station in-charge Ganpat Singh Uike said postmortem of the body was conducted.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- My Job is Done Before the Release of the Film, Says Sara Ali Khan Post Love Aaj Kal
- Air India Offering Discounted Flight Tickets at Just Rs 799, International Airfare at Rs 4,500
- PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update to Bring Sight For UZI, DBS Shotgun, Amusement Park and More
- As Airtel, Vodafone Bite the Bullet on AGR Payments, Brokerages Raise Red Flag
- We Finally Know Why There is no Instagram App For The Apple iPad, Just Yet