28-year-old Man Killed in Wild Animal Attack in Pench Buffer Zone in MP
The incident occurred on Tuesday when the victim, Manoj Dhurve, had gone to his farmland, which is located near the buffer zone, according to an official.
Seoni: A 28-year-man from Seoni in Madhya Pradesh has been killed in an attack by a wild animal, suspected to be a tiger, in the Khawasa buffer zone of the Pench Tiger Reserve (PTR), an official said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred on Tuesday when the victim, Manoj Dhurve, had gone to his farmland, which is located near the buffer zone, PTR Deputy Director MB Sirsaiya told PTI.
The deceased was a resident of Mudiyareeth village in the district.
Sirsaiya said villagers and the family members of Dhurve first spotted his slippers in the forest and later his half-eaten body.
The pug marks of a tiger were found at the spot, he said.
Kurai police station in-charge Ganpat Singh Uike said postmortem of the body was conducted.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sacred Games 2's Surveen Chawla Says She 'Had to Go Backwards' to Play Jojo Mascarenhas
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- 'Superman': Tiger Shroff Deadlifts 200KG With an Ease, Impresses Ishaan Khatter and Fans
- Those Who Said I Didn’t Deserve to Be in Films Have Retired but I’m Still Here, Says John Abraham
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships