Sukna Chopper Crash: 3 Army Officers Killed, 1 Critical
Three Army officers killed as Cheetah helicopter crashed at Sukna in West Bengal on Wednesday, police sources said.
Three Army officers were killed and one Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) was critically injured after a Cheetah helicopter crashed at Sukna in West Bengal on Wednesday, police sources said.
3 officers killed after Army's Cheetah Chopper crash in Sukna (West Bengal) at around 10:30 AM. More details awaited.
— ANI (@ANI_news) November 30, 2016
The incident took place around 10:30 am. Soon after the incident, Army officials along with a local rescue team rushed to the spot.
Reportedly, it was a routine mission operating from Sukna and the crash happened when the chopper was landing. The crash site is located inside Sukna military base, near the helipad.
“It is an unfortunate incident. One Junior Commissioned Officer is critical and rushed to a nearby hospital,” the police source said.
The area has been cordoned off and a departmental inquiry has been ordered.
The army's 33 Corps is based at Sukna and all aircraft of the Army are run by Army Aviation Corps.
Recommended For You
- Ranbir and Deepika Again: Ex-Flames Walk the Ramp For Mijwan Fashion Show
- No Williams Sisters, No Problem as USA Target Fed Cup Final Return
- Beyond The Clouds Review: Despite the Bollywood Cliches, Majid Majidi's Film Will Win Hearts
- IPL 2018: Chennai Eye Win Against Rajasthan at Their New Home
- Priyanka Chopra Elated To See Deepika Padukone, Virat Kohli Feature in Time 100 Influential People of 2018 List