3 Brothers in Punjab's Ludhiana Commit Suicide After Huge Loss in Property Deal
Police said an eight-page handwritten suicide note was found which suggested that the brothers were paid only Rs 12-13 lakh for a plot of land worth over Rs 1 crore.
Ludhiana: Three brothers allegedly committed suicide by hanging themselves at their house in Punjab's Ludhiana over a land deal, police said on Monday.
Bodies of Kuldeep Singh ( 40), Malkit Singh (38) and Davinder Singh Sunny (36) were found hanging at their house in Isher Nagar colony located on the outskirts of the city on Ludhiana-Malerkotla Road on Sunday, Dehlon's Station House Officer Malkit Kaur said.
They used to live with their family at a rented house in the area, the officer said.
Police said an eight-page handwritten suicide note was found and the role of two financiers is under scanner.
The note suggests that the brothers were paid only Rs 12-13 lakh for a plot of land worth over Rs 1 crore.
A case of abetment to suicide under section 306 of the IPC has been registered against the two financiers, said Kaur.
Further investigations in the case are underway, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tesla Unveils First Made-in-China Model 3 Sedan From Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai
- Swara Bhaskar on Abusing Child Actor on a Show: Was Narrating a Funny Incident
- Siddhant Chaturvedi Recalls Make Out Session With Gully Boy Co-Star Ranveer Singh
- Homophobic India? Survey Finds 56 Percent Respondents Would Refuse Organ from LGBTQ Donor
- WhatsApp is Killing The Battery on Android Phones, OnePlus Phones Seem Worst Hit