3 Civilians Dead, 20 Injured in Attack on CRPF Unit in Kashmir's Tral
Sources said the terrorists opened fire after lobbing grenades at the unit.
Image for representation only.
Srinagar: At least three civilians were killed and 20 injured when terrorists attacked a CRPF unit in Tral area of Pulwama district in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday morning.
Sources said the terrorists opened fire after lobbing grenades at the unit. Seven CRPF jawans were among those injured, sources added.
Local media reports said the attack took place when state minister Naeem Akhter reached Tral to inaugurate a project.
"Three civilians, including two men and a woman, were killed and 30 others including policemen and paramilitary troopers were injured in this attack. The injured have been shifted to hospital for treatment. The area has been cordoned off for searches," police said.
"The grenade was reportedly hurled at 11.45 am," PTI quoted a police official as saying.
More details awaited
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jennifer Aniston's Instagram Debut Turns Into an Epic Friends Reunion
- Shraddha Kapoor Left in Tears After Hearing Her Brother Siddhant Sing
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- 'Down to Earth': Justin Bieber Fell Off a Unicycle and Internet Had a Great Laugh
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'