3 Injured in 'Celebratory' Firing During Orchestra Dance at Wedding in UP
During the 'celebratory' firing, a bullet hit a female orchestra dancer Hina (22) in the jaw. While, the groom's maternal uncles Mithilesh and Akhilesh, who were also present on the stage also received severe injuries.
Image for representation.
Chitrakoot: Three people were injured in an alleged celebratory firing during a wedding ceremony in Tikra village of Uttar Pradesh's Chitrakoot district.
The incident happened on Saturday during an orchestra dance performance at the wedding ceremony of village head Sudhir Singh Patel's daughter in Tikra village, Subhash Chandra Chaurasia, SHO, Mau police station, said on Sunday.
During the "celebratory" firing, a bullet hit a female orchestra dancer Hina (22) in the jaw. While, the groom's maternal uncles Mithilesh and Akhilesh, who were also present on the stage also received severe injuries.
Following the incident, the injured were rushed to the district government hospital for treatment, Chaurasia said.
The groom's paternal uncle Ram Pratap has filed an FIR against an unknown person on Sunday. The investigation is underway, he added.
Police said that the accused has been identified and will be arrested soon.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'What is Article 370?' Becomes Most Searched Term by Indians on Google in 2019
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- Love Has 'Nose' Limits: Picture Of Two-Toed Sloths 'Taking It Slow' Goes Viral
- Google Top Trends 2019: Cricket World Cup Most Searched News Event in India
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders