3 Labourers Dead After Metal Racks Collapse in Bengaluru Warehouse
The incident happened in Holisol Logistics warehouse when over 10 people were working inside.
Photo for representation.
Bengaluru: Three labourers died in Bengaluru’s Whitefield area after heavy metal racks collapsed inside an apparel warehouse on Thursday afternoon.
The deceased have been identified as Farooq, Subhash & Gyandarshan. The police have arrested business head Ajay and site in-charge Amanullah in connection with the case.
The incident happened in Holisol Logistics warehouse when over 10 people were working inside. As the racks collapsed, passers-by rushed to the rushed to the warehouse and rescued four labourers immediately, while two others were pulled out later. The remaining workers were trapped under the racks and heavy boxes and rescue operation is still underway.
An eyewitness said, “I saw an ambulance come and take four labourers who were rescued before the NDRF or emergency rescue teams came to the spot. They had sustained minor injuries.”
The metal racks were reportedly stacked with several boxes weighing over 50kg each and the excess weight may have caused one of the racks to topple, which then set off a domino effect "We are still trying to look for the three labourers who are trapped inside. The heavy racks, which are creating difficulty in the rescue operation, are being moved with the help of a crane,” an NDRF official said.
Recommended For You
- Gearing up For 2053 World Cup? Cricket Fans Try Viral #FaceAppChallenge on Team India
- Mission Mangal Trailer Has Akshay Kumar Leading a Team of Talented Scientists
- Netflix Hopes a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India is The Winning Ticket
- You Have Just Given FaceApp a Perpetual And Royalty Free License to do What They Want With Your Selfies
- Instagram is Now Hiding Likes on Photos in More Countries; No Point Buying Likes And Views Anymore