3 Sisters Drown While Taking Bath in Sunar River in Madhya Pradesh
While the cousin was saved by people in the vicinity, the three sisters drowned. Their bodies have been retrieved, police said.
Sagar (MP): Three minor sisters drowned on Tuesday while taking bath in a river in Garhakota town in Madhya Pradesh's Sagar district, police said.
Garhakota police station in charge Kamlendra Kalchuri said Poonam Patel (7), Kajal (5) and Khushbu (4) and a cousin entered the Sunar river, some 45 kilometres from the district headquarters, at around 11 am.
"While the cousin was saved by people in the vicinity, the three sisters drowned. Their bodies have been retrieved," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jawa Perak Bobber Launched in India at Rs 1.95 Lakh, Gets BS-VI Engine
- Cristiano Ronaldo 1st Player to Score 9 Hat-tricks in International Football, Closes in on 100 Goals for Portugal
- Ranveer Singh Nailing Kapil Dev's 'Natraj Shot' Has the Internet Hooked
- Venice Regional Council Floods Minutes After Rejecting Steps to Combat Climate Change
- Instagram Takes Hide Likes Test Global; Influencers Must be on The Verge of Tears?