3 Suspects Held Over Killing of Close Aide of Smriti Irani in Amethi
Surendra Singh, a former head of Baraulia village, around 25 km from the Amethi district headquarters, was shot at around 11.30 pm on Saturday.
BJP MP Smriti Irani at the funeral procession of former village head Surendra Singh in Amethi on Sunday. (PTI)
Lucknow: Three suspects have been arrested in connection with the killing of a close aide of newly-elected Amethi MP Smriti Irani, police said on Monday.
"We have arrested three suspects in the Amethi murder case, while two suspects are still absconding," Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) O P Singh told reporters here.
"As many as seven persons were taken into custody and they were interrogated. Among those, there were three who were linked with the incident," Singh said.
"As of now, two accused persons are still absconding and we are tracking them," the DGP said.
Surendra Singh, 50), a former head of Baraulia village, around 25 km from the Amethi district headquarters, was shot at around 11.30 pm on Saturday. Singh was referred to a Lucknow hospital, but succumbed during treatment.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Social Media is Melting Seeing Nushrat Bharucha's Bikini Pics from Maldives
- Mardaani 2 and Jumanji The Next Level Box Office Day 1: Hollywood Film Leads
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- Football in Snow: Watch Real Kashmir FC Players Practice for I-League in Srinagar
- Thousands of 'Penis Fish' Wash Up on California Beach and Social Media is 'Shook'