Thane: Around 30 students of a madrasa in the Bhiwandi township suffered from suspected food poisoning after having a meal at a function on Thursday.
The children were served food at a feast organised by a person at the madarsa on Wednesday afternoon, Bhiwandi's tehsildar Shashikant Gaikwad said.
The students, all boys aged around 12 to 15, complained of vomiting, nausea, stomachache and giddiness on Wednesday following which they were rushed to the government-run IGM hospital in Bhiwandi, he said.
Later, as the health of some of the children started deteriorating, all of them were shifted to the Nair Hospital in neighbouring Mumbai, he said.
Gaikwad visited the children at the hospital on Wednesday night and said they all were out of danger.
An investigation was on into the incident, he added.