30-year-old Arrested for Killing Blind Music Teacher, Wife in Delhi's Dwarka
The accused was living with them for about one-and-a-half years ago and killed both over their objection to his proposal to marry their daughter.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Sunday arrested a man in connection with the stabbing of a 51-year-old blind music teacher and his wife in Dwarka's Mohan Garden area, apparently over their objection to his proposal to marry their daughter.
The accused, identified as Vishal Singh (30), a resident of Gwalior district in Madhya Pradesh, had met the victims about one-and-a-half years ago and was living with them as a family member, police said, adding that he worked for PayTM.
According to a senior police officer, the accused confessed to his crime. A knife used in the murder, Rs 1,40,500 cash looted from the house and his blood-stained clothes have been recovered,
Vishal wanted to marry the 27-year-old daughter of the couple but when they got to know that he was already married once, they refused the proposal which enraged him, police said.
Another accused, Santosh Rai, whom Vishal had handed over his blood-stained clothes for disposal, has also been arrested, they said, adding that further investigation was in progress.
The music teacher was associated with a private school in Kanjhawala and his wife was a homemaker. The couple's daughter found their bodies with multiple stab wounds in their Mohan Garden apartment on Saturday evening following which she informed the police, an official said.
Police had Saturday said no sign of forceful entry was detected and the house had not been ransacked. The primary investigation into the case suggested personal enmity as the motive behind the double murder.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9 Contestant Vishal Aditya Singh Says He is Not Friends with Madhurima Tuli
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Gifts Jeep Compass Worth Rs 21.34 Lakh to Sister Shagun, Shares Video on Instagram
- Alexa on Windows 10 Will Soon Activate on Lock Screen with Microsoft's 19H2 Update
- Intercontinental Cup 2019: 18-year-old Narender Gahlot Scores as India Draw 1-1 vs Syria
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics