30-year-old Kerala Man Dies after Mob Thrashes Him for Stealing Mobile Phone, Cash
The man was beaten and brutalised by the mob at his house when a hot metal object was placed on his stomach and genital, after he denied that he committed the theft.
Thiruvananthapuram: In a gruesome case of mob lynching, a 30-year-old succumbed to injuries suffered when he was brutally attacked by a mob, here, said the police.
The shocking incident took place last week when the 30-year-old Ajesh was beaten brutally by a group of auto rickshaw drivers on the ground that he stole a mobile phone and some cash. He succumbed to his injuries on Monday.
Ajesh was beaten and brutalised by the mob at his house when a hot metal object was placed on his stomach and genital, after he denied that he committed the theft.
Unable to bear the pain, he managed to flee but collapsed just a few feet away from his house and it was the police who admitted him to the Medical College hospital, last Wednesday.
The Thiruvallam police, now has taken four auto drivers and the neighbour of Ajesh into custody.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sacred Games, Mirzapur, Lust Stories Among Most-Searched Web Content, Says Study
- There is a Mysterious Structure in Antarctica And Some Think It’s a Massive Building
- Jackie Shroff Has Won the 'LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Tinder' Meme. Y'all Can Go Home
- Fruit Seller Who Earns Rs 150 a Day Wins Padma Shri for Providing Education to Children
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked