30-year-old Woman's Body Found Stuffed Inside Suitcase Near Bus Stand in Delhi
The woman's clothes were intact and there were no injury marks on her body. The crime scene was inspected by the forensic team
New Delhi: The body of a woman in her 30s was found stuffed in a suitcase on Friday morning in Outer North Delhi's Bawana, police said. According to a senior police official, a passerby informed police about a bag lying near a bus stand in Pooth village.
After reaching the spot, police personnel opened the suitcase and found the woman's body inside, he said. Her clothes were intact and there were no injury marks on her body. The crime scene was inspected by the forensic team, the officer said, adding that police teams have been formed to identify the woman.
The body has been sent for a post-mortem, which will help ascertain the reason for the death, he said. A case has been registered under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code at Bawana police station and an investigation is underway, the police said.
(With PTI inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sara Ali Khan's Fitness Regime Shows How She Gets Ready for a Guilt-Free Vacation
- Adidas Gives up on Robot Factories And Wants Humans in Asia to Make More Shoes
- WhatsApp Gets One Step Closer to The Dark Mode; New Beta Gets Dark Wallpaper
- Shweta Tiwari Opens Up on Her 'Poisonous Relationship' with Abhinav Kohli
- Emotions Got the Better of Me: Raheem Sterling Admits after Being Dropped by England