32-Year-Old Hyderabad Businessman Held for Blackmailing Woman With Nude Pictures
Mohammad Salman Nawaz Sarkar, a resident of Chennai, cheated and collected the money from the victim by introducing himself through Facebook that he was a tycoon in Mumbai presently residing in Hyderabad.
Image for representation
Hyderabad: A 32-year-old businessman has been arrested for blackmailing and collecting nearly Rs 13 lakh from a woman through the social media, police said on Monday.
Mohammad Salman Nawaz Sarkar, a resident of Chennai, cheated and collected the money from the victim by introducing himself through Facebook that he was a tycoon in Mumbai presently residing in Hyderabad, a police press release said.
Believing this, the woman began chatting with him and used to talk to him over video calls in private. Also, she shared some of her private pictures with him, the release said. After a few months, the man started demanding the woman money for his business and also for his medical treatment, it said.
Later, he began blackmailing her that he would make her pictures public, and it was then she stopped giving him money. Following a complaint, Sarkar was arrested and remanded in judicial custody, the release added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year