35-year-old Govt Employee Booked for Wearing Burqa, Entering Ladies Toilet
The accused has been booked under Section 419 (impersonation) for trying to impersonate a Muslim woman, in order to enter a ladies toilet at the Panaji bus stand.
Image for representative purpose only
Panaji: Police in Goa booked a 35-year-old state government employee for dressing as a Muslim woman in a burqa, and entering a ladies toilet at the central bus stand here, on Saturday.
The accused, Virgil Fernandes was booked after he was caught by the commuters, while exiting a ladies toilet at the bus stand, wearing a burqa and black head gear.
"The accused has been booked under Section 419 (impersonation) for trying to impersonate a Muslim woman, in order to enter a ladies toilet at the Panaji bus stand," a Goa Police spokesperson told reporters.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- You Can Now Stay in Barbie's Iconic Pink Dream House in Malibu for Just Rs 4,200
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works