35-year-old Jharkhand Man Beheads Mother, Attempts to Flee with Severed Head
The man identified as 35-year-old Champai Marandi allegedly beheaded his mother and then tried to flee with the severed head but was caught by the villagers.
Image for Representation.
Dumka: A man allegedly beheaded his 65-year-old mother in Jharkhand's Dumka district on Saturday, police said.
The man identified as 35-year-old Champai Marandi allegedly beheaded his mother and then tried to flee with the severed head but was caught by the villagers, they said.
The villagers caught Marandi when he tried to escape with the severed head of his mother, which he had wrapped in cloth, police said adding that the people of Siltha B village handed him to police, who arrested him.
The severed head, as well as the body of the woman, has been recovered, they said.
Officer-in-charge of the Ramgarh police station, Sanjay Kumar said the woman was sitting at the door of her house when Marandi arrived in an inebriated state and beheaded her with a sharp weapon.
Marandi was a habitual drunkard and was also unemployed, the OC added.
Recommended For You
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt to Compete with Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Saif Ali Khan on August 15
- Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill 2019 Passed: Here's a Complete List of Revised Traffic Violation Fines
- Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill 2019: Drunken Driving to Cost Rs 10,000, Driving Without a Licence to Cost Rs 5000
- Netizens Call out Harbhajan Singh on 'Bigoted' Tweet about Chandrayaan-2 Success
- PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Beta Update: New UI, Helicopters, Zombie Mode Update and More