37 Knives, Smoking Pipes, Mobile Phone Seized from Bengaluru Central Jail Inmates
The CCB was tipped off with information that illegal activities were taking place in the jail premises, following which the raid was undertaken.
Few of the items confiscated from the jail inmates.
Bengaluru: In a surprise move, the City Crime Branch (CCB) conducted raids at Bangalore Central Jail (Parappana Agrahara prison) in early hours of Wednesday, uncovering weapons and mobile phones from the inmates.
So far the police have uncovered 37 knives and daggers along with marijuana and smoking pipes. One mobile phone and 4 SIM cards were also recovered from the prison. Searches are still underway.
The CCB was tipped off with information that illegal activities were taking place in the jail premises, following which the raid was undertaken. Use of mobile phones by inmates, trafficking of marijuana, murder plots of fellow in-mates are being probed into.
At least 60 CCB personnel, including four ACPs and six inspectors, led by CCB's Joint Police Commissioner Sandeep Patil overlooking the operation.
This is not the first time an alarm is being raised regarding unlawful activities taking place in the central jail. Two years ago, then DIG prison, D Roopa had also raised the red flag about illegal activities taking place in the Parappana Agrahara prison.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif as Ekta Kapoor Weighs In
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More