39-Year-old Man Apprehended with 49 Kg Peacock Feather at Delhi IGI Airport
Naseer Ansari (39) was intercepted at the Indira Gandhi International Airport on Wednesday with three large bags containing peacock feathers.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: CISF personnel have apprehended a man and seized 49 kg of peacock feather from a Hong Kong-bound passenger at the Delhi airport, a senior official said on Thursday.
He said Naseer Ansari (39) was intercepted at the Indira Gandhi International Airport on Wednesday with three large bags containing peacock feathers.
The man was handed over to the Customs department as he could not explain the reason for carrying such a huge quantity of the feathers, he said.
Customs officials will ascertain the source of the cache and whether this consignment violates the wildlife law, the official said. Peacocks are protected under Schedule I of the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface, See Here
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Amitabh Bachchan Was Never Hospitalised, Say Kaun Banega Crorepati Sources
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried