4 Arrested for Robbing Man of Rs 12.9 Lakh in Maharashtra's Thane
The arrest was made after a police probe zeroed in on Amol Lokhande. Three others were arrested following Lokhande's arrested.
Image for representation.
Thane: Four people were arrested for allegedly robbing a steel firm employee of Rs 12.91 lakh in Maharashtra's Thane district, police said on Friday.
The incident happened at around 5 PM on December 26 near Katai Naka in Manpada area, Assistant Commissioner of Police NT Kadam said.
He said that a probe zeroed in on Amol Lokhande (26), a colleague of the victim.
"Lokhande revealed that he had tipped off the robbers who then intercepted the victim at Katai Naka and fled with a bag containing Rs 12.91 lakh," he told PTI.
Three others arrested in the case were identified as Vijay Ayer, Ganesh Zende and Gurprit Singh.
The ACP said Rs 11.57 lakh of the looted money had been recovered and efforts were on to get the rest as well.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Plans the Perfect Birthday Outing for Nick Jonas
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image